ACES Day stands for All Children Exercising Simultaneously.
After a warm up, a set of activities are organised that involve the children being active for around an hour. Ball skills, running, throwing, skipping, circuits and athletics are included. Children tour around them and complete each one, being active for as much of the time as possible. A cool down finishes the session.
We recently had a personal trainer visit school to join in the day, setting up a gym circuit in the hall.
Parents and family members are invited to watch.
Keep Fit with Chris
My name is Chris and I visit Ladycross to take part in ACES day and Healthy Week.
Here are my top 5 tips for keeping healthy and fit!
1. Eat a good balanced diet. Enjoy fruit and vegetables, and have a few treats like chocolate now and again.
2. Do some sport or exercise. It could be swimming, dancing, football, gymnastics. Make sure you enjoy it!
3. Get fresh air with your family or friends. Go to the park, have a walk in the woods or countryside.
4. Keep yourself clean by having a wash, a bath or showers. Clean your teeth twice a day.
5. Drink lots of water so you are not thirsty. You will have more energy and be able to learn better!
You will meet me on ACES day and in Healthy Week, so I look forward to helping you keep fit!